According to a new DMG Guide for Building a Customer Support Strategy, here are some tips to help in initiating a customer service social media program:
1. Decide what enterprise and contact center goals you want to achieve with social media. This will guide the things you say and do.
2. Make sure to continuously monitor what’s being said about your organization. Don’t wait for a “blow-up” to happen.
3. Have a plan in place for responding rapidly and appropriately to any event that is a major threat to your organization’s image.
4. Develop a process to share social media data and trends with all relevant constituents on a timely basis via reports and alerts.
5. Continuously research what your competitors are doing; this will give you some sense of where you have to be